General Laborers- 5-2nd shift & 3-1st shift openings
Full Time - : 12/31/2021
You can apply on our website for this role by clicking Apply Online. You can also ask for an application in person at CSI Calendering, 1120 Commercial Blvd. N., Arlington, TX, 76001.
OUR EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
While we're proud of what we’ve built here, we're even more proud we created a company around people who love to work, collaborate, and grow together. You sense it on day one. This is a place that celebrates family values, a healthy work-life balance, and being an active neighbor in the community. This is where your work ethic and creativity are rewarded — all powered by unmatched CSI Calendering teamwork that pushes you to perfect your skills and grow your career. Each day, we prove that loving where you work begins with the people you work with.
Your responsibilities as a New Team Member:
- Be willing to learn and adhere to CSI Calendering's established safety procedures from your first day onward for your own safety, as well as the safety of your team members, because CSI’s a family business but also a business that’s a family.
- Be willing to learn and respect CSI Calendering’s manufacturing process instructions as part of your ownership of product quality, operational efficiency, and waste reduction.
- Accumulate knowledge of rubber product manufacturing and demonstrate the ability to ensure product quality meets customers’ specifications.
- Perform in the best interest of CSI Calendering to help us sustain our growth.
Areas of accountability for a General Laborer:
- Set rolls in brake let off and threads material through heating cans into the calender when operator is ready.
- Staple material on core at windup and gently start windup so that it does not jerk material through calender.
- Pull compound excess from calender edges with compound aluminum hook. Weigh and tag roll when finished.
- Prepare orders for the warehouse. Put finished product in return area after being weighed and properly labeled.
- Clean up whole calender area including let off and windup areas.
- Responsible for feeding milled rubber into the calender.
- Cross train on Mill Operating procedures.
- Actively participate in all company betterment activities.
- Take advantage of opportunities to develop self.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required.
CSI Calendering’s other non-negotiable standards include respect in all forms, believing in one another, loyalty to the team and company, commitment to building your career, trust, the courage to push through challenges, gratitude, and kindness.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
- G.E.D or H.S. Diploma
Physical / Work Environment Demands:
The physical activity of this position includes: Pushing, Pulling, Grasping, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Reaching, Stooping, Bending, Kneeling, Crouching, Talking, Hearing. The physical requirements of this position is medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection of defects, operate machines, such as hoists, cranes, calenders and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach. The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. The worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.