Material Handler- 1st shift
Full Time - : 11/30/2022
You can apply on our website for this role by clicking Apply Online. You can also ask for an application in person at CSI Calendering, 1120 Commercial Blvd. N., Arlington, TX, 76001.
OUR EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
While we're proud of what we’ve built here, we're even more proud we created a company around people who love to work, collaborate, and grow together. You sense it on day one. This is a place that celebrates family values, a healthy work-life balance, and being an active neighbor in the community. This is where your work ethic and creativity are rewarded — all powered by unmatched CSI Calendering teamwork that pushes you to perfect your skills and grow your career. Each day, we prove that loving where you work begins with the people you work with.
Your responsibilities as a New Team Member:
- Be willing to learn and adhere to CSI Calendering's established safety procedures from your first day onward for your own safety, as well as the safety of your team members, because CSI’s a family business but also a business that’s a family.
- Be willing to learn and respect CSI Calendering’s manufacturing process instructions as part of your ownership of product quality, operational efficiency, and waste reduction.
- Accumulate knowledge of rubber product manufacturing and demonstrate the ability to ensure product quality meets customers’ specifications.
- Perform in the best interest of CSI Calendering to help us sustain our growth.
Areas of accountability for a Material Handler:
- Transfer material between various locations in the warehouse and on the production floor in a timely and continuous manner (preventing lost time). Properly stage product waiting to be used in designated areas, (e.g., not in walkways, near exit doors or at unsafe heights.)
- Assist in all areas to include, but not limited to banding pallets for shipping, unloading inbound deliveries, loading out bound shipments, and travelling for pick-ups or deliveries.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance requests on equipment.
- Complete all computer work and paperwork neatly and correctly. Maintain inventory accuracy for the area of responsibility, to include looking up and/or weighing, labeling return materials, and inputting data into the system. Ensure all unplanned moves are entered and completely accurately.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion, to include but not limited to sweeping and emptying waste containers around the plant as needed.
- Follows and enforces CTPAT-related guidelines and reports any security incidents, breaches, or concerns as required.
- Comply with all company labor policies.
- Actively participate in all company betterment activities and take advantage of opportunities to develop oneself.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required.
CSI Calendering’s other non-negotiable standards include respect in all forms, believing in one another, loyalty to the team and company, commitment to building your career, trust, the courage to push through challenges, gratitude, and kindness.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Must meet funtional Job Description requirements for Material Handler.
- Ability to certify in forklift operation and other equipment, as necessary.
- Effective basic computer skills (i.e., Data entry, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Physical / Work Environment Demands:
This position requires kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motion. The worker is required to have close visual acurity to view a computer terminal, visual inspection of small parts and machinery, operate machinery such as forklift or pallet jack, determine the accuracy, neatness, and throughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures. The worker is exposed to noise, hazards such as proximity to moving parts, moving vehicles, occasionally working in high places, narrow aisles and passageways.